About us

The church was built in 1838 in the village of Bradshaw, in a semi-rural setting, the parish boundaries extending over open fields and moorland.

We are part of the Benefice of St John the Evangelist, Bradshaw and St Andrew, Holmfield. We are also members of  the North Halifax Group of Churches Together, an ecumenical group of local churches which includes St George’s, Ovenden, HolyNativity Church in the Mixenden and Illingworth Parish, St Malachi’s Roman Catholic Church, Mount Zion Methodist Church, Illingworth Moor Methodist Church, Lee Mount Methodist Church and Providence United Reformed Church.

Our style of worship is relaxed, central in churchmanship and accepting of the best of most traditions. The liturgy follows Common Worship. We mainly use ‘Mission Praise’ for our hymns but we also include more modern sounds and music from cd or mp3, most notably during Communion.

We have very active and strong uniformed organisations comprising: Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Explorers, Rainbows, Brownies, Guides which  meet in our adjoining Parish Centre. The latter is also the venue for other groups that mostly meet weekly: Evergreens (monthly), Mother’s Union (monthly), Kung Fu, Parent and Toddlers and lots of ad-hoc Parish events.

Website design and hosting by www.raindrophosting.com